Monday, October 4, 2010

Livin' the Good Life

Is your H greater than your W? Explain how you measure each.

My H is greater than my W for several reasons. Concerning my “haves,” I have a wealth of family and friends. I have worked hard in my life so have had the means to obtain physical goods and possessions if I so chose to. I have also been able to travel most places that I’ve wanted to go. I have goals that I strive for. I have good health.
My “wants” come in rather low. I don’t require much if anything at all. I never know what to tell people when that question comes up for birthdays or holiday. I have managed to obtain a level of satisfaction at a relatively young age. I worry more about my “needs”. Helping my family and friends, maintaining my home, paying the bills, buying food, etc. are the things I want to take care of. My responsibilities that I’ve grown to maintain and value are what I care for.

What does your “good life” score tell you?

Measuring the good life - 24
Service to the community - 6
Service to the dollar - 5
Service to the family - 7
Service to the soul or self - 6
I place these numbers here because I think I am living the good life. I volunteer and work with several NGOs. I make a decent wage as well. My family is important to me and me to them. We talk frequently and I see them often. I always try to find the time, if not make it, for my family and friends. My meditations concerning myself occur often. I enjoy my time alone to ponder the ebb and flow of life. This time is most precious to me and I cherish it for the views on life and how I live it that have been provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment