Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Building Boxes and Stepping Outside Them

What do you see as your biggest strengths? How do they support your passion and future success?

My strengths are varied and I find that that helps me the most. I like to look at a situation from varying perceptions in order to fully understand and evaluate the current conditions. Problem solving is something that I derive pleasure from. It’s something that provides a sense of accomplishment after meeting a challenge. This was one of the main principles involved when I decided to try for my MBA. I wanted a better understanding of the business persuasion in order to fully “see” problems as they were occurring or solutions as quickly as possible in a given business. This element will define my future success depending on the connections I make and my passions that drives me.

How can you turn your values into value? How do your values make you more valuable to your company?

My values and what I cherish in life as far as principles and standards encourage me to live the way that I want to live. Aligning those facets of my life with a company or cause is going to naturally be a challenge but one I know is worth it due to my resistance to compromising those ideals. In order to transform these values into value, I think that they help define who I am in character providing myself with a tenacity and drive that sets me apart, if only a little. My value added is what I can bring to the table for a company be it looking for innovative new methods or reaffirming strategies that are tried and true. I like to think outside of the box while also maintaining strong ties to those elements of a company that create the “box,” for how else am I supposed to gauge those boundaries?

No comments:

Post a Comment